Mar 28, 2017

Otherland Readings: Kim Stanley Robinson

Kim Stanley Robinson, author of the Mars trilogy, 2312, Aurora and the brand-new New York 2140, will be visiting Germany, with stops in Bremerhaven and Berlin! In co-operation with his German publisher Heyne and the Klimahaus Bremerhaven, we have organised two reading and discussion events. One will take place on Tuesday, March 28th, at 6.30pm in the Klimahaus Bremerhaven, the other will be on Thursday, March 30th at 8pm in Berlin at the Wasserturm Kreuzberg.



Oops, the first one is today ... so I'm terribly late with making this announcement here on our blog. The reason is, quite simply, that I'm desperately trying to find the time to work on the German translation of Robinson's New York 2140. I'm behind schedule - it's not yet a crisis, but it could become one if I'm not careful. There's a lot of research to be done for every novel by Robinson (I earned this when I translated 2312, Shaman and Aurora before), so I need time for his books ... time well-spent, to be sure! You can bet that I'll have a lot of questions to ask on thursday.

I would love to tell you what makes Kim Stanley Robinson's books great. But I just don't have the time at the moment ... so just trust me: they're great. But even if you've read some of his books and disagree with that assessment, you should still come - Robinson is one of the most political sf writers out there, and he'll certainly provide a lot of fodder for controversial discussion!

No comments:

Post a Comment